Thursday, September 10, 2009
What a week...
It all started last Friday morning when I woke up, sick!!! The kind of sick where your throat hurts so bad you'd rather just not have on anymore, you run out of energy just lifting your head off the pillow (but you must because you have 2 kids to get ready for school) and your house feels like an icebox. Normally I wouldn't have cared....I mean, no-one likes to be sick but hey, a few days in bed and you can be as good as new. But NO, I had teach the YW on Sunday....and Monday was our Stake temple trip and I was FINALLY going to get mom sealed to her parents... (only taken me 2 years) I had no time for sickness...so I did what any person of dire circumstances does, prayed like there is no tomorrow. Prayed to get well so I could teach a lesson I had no desire in the first place to have to be teaching...I know, I know...I shouldn't be afraid of a bunch of YW but I am. But most of all, I didn't want to miss the temple. It was the most important date I've had in a very, very long time. And guess what....all my pleading worked...by Sunday morning I was a functioning adult again. Not 100 % by any means, but I could move at a slow pace, talk and swallow again and teach my lesson. And the girls didn't eat me, or yell at me or worse yet, ask hard questions ( RS sisters are good at that...the really hard questions that is ). Monday was bright and beautiful, we all got to go to Folsom and enjoy our day at the temple. The Stake provided the babysitting, Alexis did baptisms and I got to have mom sealed to her parents. The blessings of a sealing are just what she needed and I'm grateful to have been able to do it. I did miss my workouts...and my eating was wayyyy bad ( taco bell burritos for lunch on Monday ) but I am fully recovered and back at my P90X program. And because I can't eat anything sweet or fattening, I have resorted to reading blogs about all the good food I am unable to partake of at this time. There are alot of food blogs out there!!! I am missing my fish tacos though!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ever noticed how when you are to do something important there is a lot of opposition that comes unexpectedly to your life. That's a sure witness that you are going to do something important. Glad you exerted your faith through prayers and got better. Go forward with FAITH. That's what it's all about.
Good Blog Alicia. Btw. Baja Fresh has fish tacos that are only 250 calories each. Eat away!
Post a Comment